Our professionals choose to work as consultants because they love the variety and challenges associated with solving difficult problems in different industries. To be successful as a firm we believe that our professionals should:
- Describe our work passionately in terms of benefits to client.
- Before, during, and following engagements, focus on outcomes most important to client.
- Describe every project situation and decision through the client’s eyes.
Developing elegant solutions to difficult client problems is only helpful if they can be implemented in the context of the client organization and have real impact. Therefore, we expect our professionals to:
- Persevere to increase understanding and clarity through objective, data-driven problem-solving and analysis.
- Help clients see business issues differently and more usefully.
- Work with clients in ways that create urgency about the problem and excitement about the path forward.
Our people bring a vast array of experiences and backgrounds together to make us the firm we are today. In order for us to achieve our goals and to deliver on client expectations we believe that everyone in the firm should:
- Acknowledge and makes use of the differing perspectives of others.
- Proactively contribute to the shared methods, tools, knowledge and approaches of the Firm.
- Act to improve the performance of the team.
Constructive conflict is productive and essential to our culture and critical to ensure that we deliver results for our clients. So we encourage our professionals to:
- Communicate confidence vs. arrogance with both clients and colleagues.
- When in conflict with others, respectfully engage vs. fight or flee.
- Raise important issues with colleagues and clients directly and in a timely manner with the intent of working toward successful resolution.
Achieving the right balance between competing priorities will always be a challenge in any business but especially in our industry. However, to succeed as a firm, we believe our professionals must:
- Demonstrate responsibility for their own unique life and career priorities, needs and emotional and physical health.
- Consider the implications for the client, the firm and self before taking action.
- Seek creative solutions where conflict occurs, focusing on long-term success for our clients, our firm and ourselves.
Continuous learning and development is essential for each of us individually and without it we cannot be successful. We ask our professionals to:
- Adopt new and better ways of doing things, even if they disrupt conventional methods.
- Formally and informally provide useful teaching to help clients and colleagues grow.
- Strive to be better by seeking out and acting on feedback.
Sometimes the truth can be hard to accept, but it is important that we deliver tough, relevant messages effectively so that they can be acted upon. So we ask our professionals to:
- Have the courage to say and do what is right for the client and firm.
- Help clients and colleagues see and seize opportunities.
- Take risks to help the firm and our clients succeed together.