- The new 2014 act in Ireland makes it easier for Directors to manage a company. It is the goal of the Irish Government to make Ireland the easiest place in the world to do business.
- Ireland has a low 12.5% Corporation Tax rate and is a pro business environment.
- Low Share Capital Requirement, as low as €100
- There is Limited Liability on Shareholders. Shareholders only risk the share capital they invest.
- Ireland is an English Speaking Jurisdiction, the only one in the Eurozone.
- Ireland offers free access to over 500 Million consumers in Europe.
- Ireland is ranked in the top 10 easiest places in the world to do business.
- There are generous Research & Development tax credits.
- A Company is a legal entity in itself. It is completely separate from the Officers and the people who run it. It is the company that legal action is taken against as a result of unpaid debts for example.
- A limited company has greater ability to raise finance by the issue of shares.
- The limited company name is protected.
- The company is protected against sudden changes to Management structure.
- Employees can acquire shares in the company.
- Making changes to the company is relatively simple.
Directors pay income tax and the company pays corporation tax on company profits, and with current rates of tax company profits earned and retained in the business are assessed to corporation tax at lower rates than if income tax were payable on equivalent profits earned by an unincorporated business
- Scope for greater company pension scheme to be secured through a limited company
- Personal tax advantages can accrue for directors of a limited company